Attorneys of Croudace & Dietrich LLP possess litigation experience representing
both plaintiffs and defendants in general and business litigation matters,
contract disputes, insurance coverage issues, fraud and other tortious
claims, real property, land use and environmental claims, bankruptcy,
shareholder and corporate control disputes, product liability, breach
of warranty claims and trademark dilution claims. The firm’s attorneys
have represented clients in various dispute resolution and litigation
matters and in both state and federal court actions. Representative matters
- Representation of manufacturer of custom products installed at horse
racing tracks around the country in fraud and conspiracy claims under
the Uniform Commercial Code against multiple supplier defendants.
- Representation of lenders and borrowers in connection with receivership
proceedings and proceedings to collect rents and profits.
- Representation of creditors in all aspects of bankruptcy proceedings,
including preparation and defense of reorganization plans, opposing, negotiating
and modifying debtors’ reorganization plans, obtaining relief from
stay, negotiating cash collateral stipulations and various other matters.
- Representation of Fortune 500 company in class action alleging multiple
injuries resulting from accidental release of contaminants.
- Representation of national corporation seeking insurance coverage for
- Representation of business entities in insurance coverage disputes,
including title insurance claims and bad faith denial of coverage litigation.
- Representation of franchisees in disputes with franchisors, including
breach of contract and fraud claims.
- Representation of individuals in copyright infringement and other trade
- Representation of corporate defendants against discrimination claims
brought by current and former employees.
- Pursuit of claims against telecommunications provider relating to improper
billing practices under California P.U.C. and pursuant to contract entered
into by telecommunications company relating to equipment and service.
- Representation of developer in defending against lender-instituted judicial
and nonjudicial foreclosure proceedings, and in maintaining a lender-liability
action against lender, ultimately resulting in a favorable settlement.
- Representation of seller against $5,000,000 claim for damages based
upon alleged breach of representations and warranties made by seller in
connection with sale of composites business.
- Representation of developer in appeal to the California Supreme Court
challenging the actions of a city in Riverside County which deprived the
developer of valuable property rights.
- Representation of fee owners in defense against leasehold and fee simple
nonjudicial foreclosure actions.
- Representation of developers and landowners in lawsuits concerning the
enforcement of easement rights.
- Representation of developer in connection with homeowner association
claims for reimbursement of infrastructure costs.
- Representation of commercial and residential landlords and tenants in
unlawful detainer and breach of lease cases.
- Representation of partners, limited liability company members and corporate
shareholders in connection with resolution of partnership, limited liability
company and shareholder disputes.
- Representation of defendants in construction defect and breach of contract
- Representation of creditors in collection actions and suits on guaranties.
- Representation of individuals and businesses in insurance related disputes
and coverage issues, including, for example, title insurance disputes
and construction defect litigation.
- Representation of an automobile dealership in a lawsuit concerning the
enforcement of financing agreements.
- Litigation involving large public agency fiduciary in connection with
distribution of plan assets.
- Pre-litigation planning in connection with seller’s negotiation
of sale to multiple prospective purchasers.
- Representation of international high-tech manufacturing company in litigation
against internet domain-name “cyber-squatter.”
- Representation of developers, lessors and lessees in connection with
ground lease rental adjustment disputes.
- Representation of subdivision model home purchasers in settlement of
a dispute relating to infrastructure and landscaping completion.
- Representation of developers and landowners in quiet title action.
- Representation of lessee in equipment lease litigation involving buy-out
- Representation of corporate defendants in consumer class action lawsuits
seeking, inter alia, rescission, compensatory and punitive damages.
- Representation of business clients in lawsuits seeking to establish
rights to patents.
- Representation of defendants in lawsuits alleging fraud in the sale
of business entities, including, but not limited to, securities fraud.