Land Use. Croudace & Dietrich LLP attorneys counsel
developer and lender clients regarding California land use entitlement
matters, zoning and permitting procedures. Representative matters
- Representation of residential developers in obtaining permit
approvals for development of apartment complexes.
- Representation of developers and owners of affordable housing
on a wide variety of issues concerning entitlement, development
and property management.
- Representation of out-of-state lenders in verifying zoning
and entitlements of secured real estate and REO.
- Representation of developers in negotiating disposition and
development agreements for commercial/retail and office development
- Negotiation with City of Los Angeles Community Redevelopment
Agency with respect to parking and access easements for affordable
- Representation of major non-profit public benefit corporation
in the sale of property to shopping center developer while
maintaining water rights for client’s agricultural use,
resulting in substantial savings to the client in water costs.
- Representation of developers in connection with negotiation
of Affordable Housing Agreements.
- Representation of developers in connection with the formation
of Mello-Roos community facilities districts in Orange County.
- Representation of sellers of real property in connection
with investigations, by city, county and state agencies, relating
to required California disclosures, including Mello-Roos assessment
disclosures, seismic hazard zone disclosures and munitions
- Representation of landowner in connection with obtaining
and preserving development approvals relating to re-development
of a golf course as a residential and commercial/retail development.
- Representation of lender in negotiating with the City of
Anaheim and Community Redevelopment Agency regarding restrictions
on use applicable to the subdivision of historical houses.
- Representation of developers in connection with quiet title
- Representation of landowner/developer in formulating CC&Rs
to privately prohibit sexually oriented business uses at property
zoned for such uses.
- Representation of landowner in retaining approvals granted
prior to incorporation of City, despite neighborhood opposition.
- Representation of major landowner and developer in opposing
local noise ordinance, resulting in major modification of the
- Representation of landowner in obtaining historical preservation
status for landmark home in Palm Springs, California.
- Representation of developers and foreclosing lenders in the
negotiation, documentation and early termination/settlement
of infrastructure development agreements with the counties
of San Bernardino and Riverside.
- Representation of developers and landowners in lawsuits concerning
the enforcement of easement rights.
- Representation of major California hospital in obtaining
entitlements for the development of an ambulatory surgical
care center and office building.
- Representation of major non-profit, public benefit corporation
landowner regarding negotiation or elimination of excessive
easements sought to be acquired by City of Chino Hills.
- Representation of landowner in rezoning, negotiation of parcel
map conditions and three party infrastructure agreement with
City of Chino Hills.